RE: Re: The BatBlat

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:39:27 +0100

Its nice to see that all the actually good bits of my email were left to one side :)

As for the dragon, who said it is agile? Not me. Please re-read my email before you get all backed-in-a-corner and defensive of the "it's just the same as a little one" idea.

I recalibrated my disbelief meters and discovered that I can (contrary to the abilities of the electric monk) still see a dragon swooping in for the kill on wings that defy the mind; giant bats moving like tiny ones 'because its jus magic, you know?' I can't.

But, this is a discussion group not a see-who-can-stick-to-an-idea competition!

How about we focus on a Gloranthan, mythical way in which this most improbable of creatures manages to fly?

What say people here to the idea that the crimson bat couldn't have been doing one of those kamikaze attacks on whitewall? It would have to be able to crash into solid rock! I always render a short cinematic of these things in my head; I can see the bat going for alighting on the whitewall plateau but not attempting the swoop'n'scoop!

Sorry if some aspects of this message are grumpy, it's v.late here.