Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:57:10 -0800

> Rod:

Um, btw, That's either "Roderick", or "Rory". Not "Rod".

[Snippage of why you can visualize other gloranthan flying things]

So what is so hard with imagining a huge red bat that does more than glide?

Personally, I blame those really crappy vampire movies, with non-flapping bats on wires. I *have* seen bats up-close and personal (our previous house had a colony in the attic, and they'd occasionally drop into the bedroom - the cat got really good at catching them on the wing; as well as bat-watching out of doors - they fly through our veranda going for moths and insects that are attracted top the door lights), and they are extremely agile. Stupid, sometimes, but agile.

> "The Bat flies on the etheric winds of the Otherworld, held aloft by an
> unholy mix of the Essential, Spiritual, Godly and Chaotic. The physical
> form of the bat is only what we can see and comprehend in the Middle
> world; but it it is multi-dimensional, and exists on all planes. "
>
> Better?
>
> M: much much much. Almost full marks. Are you quoting?

Not consciously - ie, I may have read & assimilated something like this long ago, but have no recollection of doing so, and did not open a book to quote specifically (I would have given a page number if I had).

RR
- Richelieu