Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:03:34 EST

Roderick
> . The
> imagery of the
> >bat flying should be of its wings going "whoomp whoomp whoomp". Not
> of a
> >gliding animal (might as well be the Crimson Flying Squirrel, then).

Oliver:

> I dunno it's still strikes me as freakier if it flapped really
> slowly.

I say it should go "whooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmp

....whooooooooooommmmmp..........whoooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmp"

Essentially agreeing with both Roderick and Oliver - it flies like a bug eating microbat ...but reeeeeaaaaally slooooowwwly.

FWIW I picture the bat priests as being on a five year mission to seek out new people, new civilisations to boldy go where no man escape the Bat. I once thought that the crew of the Bat would work as reasonable freeform setting - spatially restricted by actually being on the bat the players would have a reason to be stuck together, a reason to want to get the bat to do different things, deadlines to meet (feeding time!), and when the bat goes out of control they could all run from one side to the other to simulate the shake up. But I digress. The Bat Howdah should look like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise and the Chief Priest should say things like "Scream on Stun", "Whomp factor 9", and "Moonbeam me down" .

Keith