Re: Now what?

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:52:50 +1000

By way of info for folk, I've had some notes from Greg Stafford relating to the siege, and am awaiting his confirmation about passing these on. I'll obviously report as soon as I am able.

Oliver muses:

>So what do we do now? We've got a good start but what's the next step? Do
>we need to define areas that need work, do we want to set "shudder"
>deadlines or should we just keep on going as we have been?

We seem to have the basic background in hand. We have an idea of the city, its environs, history and mythic associations, agreement on the broad phases of the siege and the approximate composition of forces. Issues like the Chaining, the Bat Blat, the Last Storm and the Ice Refuge are a little more contentious, but even here we have a solid core of broad concensus and scope for storytelling within the bounds of our disagreements. As for the stalling speed of a recently fed Crimson bat with a coconut attached to its leg and a howdah tied to its hairs... I don't even want to think about it. :)

Is the following correct?

City & Districts Map - in files area - expansion and detailing welcome.

City Environs/Plateau - draft in files area - being worked on by Joerg and Matt.

Broad Phases of Siege. - seemingly agreed on. John to update summary doc in files area after incorporating Alex's suggestions for later beginning.

Detailed events of the Siege - small beginnings made. Much scope for detailing and scenario seeding

Approximate composition of forces - files area - complete, but plenty of room for detailing and expansion.

History - Notes on Wiki - scope for expansion?

Mythology - summary needed.

Key Personalities & Factions - beginning made. Much scope for expansion.

By way of consolidation, folk might consider summarising our discussions so far, and posting these summaries to Wiki and the Files area. If ideas stay buried in our voluminous postings, they may be lost. Please post short summaries on Wiki.

And please, if you have an area that interests you - jump in and raise it, or start a new page on Wiki.

Don't be coy about editing wiki pages into more final form. Any member of this group can do this. It may be anarchy, but it seems to be working pretty well. :)

The areas that seem to invite further work and detailing are

Cheers

John