Re: Digest Number 84

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:44:56 +0100

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:45:48AM +0100, Ian Cooper wrote:
> >> His [St. Caspodi's] center is now in the Vaulted
> >> Hall of Saint Gerlant in Whitewall. HQ p.174.
> >
> > OK Ian, explain this one! Should this be post-fall
> > of Whitewall?
> > Or is this something your Esvulari brought?
> Eeek. Not spotted that one. St.Gerlant is slighlty
> tricky as he is orthodox not Aeolian
>
> >And what is the Vaulted Hall of St. Gerlant -
> >something built by Baron Sanuel post-fall of
> >Whitewall?
> My initial stab is to associate this with the Army of
> Tomorrow chapter at the siege. I'll need to think on
> this though.

If we're having a straw poll, I'd suggest that too. Having it be either 'odd' Aeolian or 'even odder' non-Aeolian M. wouldn't be that implausible, but it seems to me to rather undercut the image we're otherwise trying to portray of them being so-traditionalist-as-to-be- borderline-throwbacks. I have visions of disclaimers saying things like, "yes there's this prominent Malkioni location, but honestly, they're _really_ rare otherwise...".

And the AoT rationale seems an entirely good fit in and of itself...

Cheers,
Alex.