RE: Re: Kallyr arrives, departs, etc.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:48:12 +0100

> Kallyr is moving on from being a vingan, but she has War Women, Kheldon
> Vingarii and Spindle Spears who are *not* following her heroic
progression, ..

> Jane you mentioned writing up the vingans: I 'd be happy to follow from
> your lead but add a few ideas to the mix, if that's okay.

From the look of that, you go ahead and write them, you've got more ideas than I have. Just be sure you drop a Pathfinder into the mix, we're going to need one.

I'm going to have to be very careful about writing Kallyr at present: Steve and I are discussing her in great detail in the background, but unfortunately huge critical chunks of it are NDA, and will be until the Boatrise is out, at least. I hate putting in mysterious bits labelled "yes, there is a reason, no, I'm not going to tell you", but I may have no choice.

> Greg has mentioned that Broyan is nearly killed during the
> Bat Blat - a chaotic mind blast at the moment of victory.

Well, was during his game. It's not compulsory, but I agree that it adds to the plot, so picking it up would be good.

> This will have him out of action for months afterward.

John, you're using That Word, and I thought better of you. Weeks? Seasons?

> There will be a leadership vacuum in this period:

Yeah! Fun!

> ... and several other contenders will rise to prominence
> and who we really should detail.

Invent whoever we find the plot requires. I doubt if we'll end up short of NPCs.

Does Meloise do the "devoted nurse" bit, or what?

> perhaps a male Broyan 2IC,

Definitely. Very loyal to Broyan, keeps insisting that they follow whatever Broyan last said, no change of course until he's back to authorise it.

> an Orlanthi temple disciple,

Religious fanatic? Yep.

> and a little known adventurer leader.

No need to detail this one, it's a PC.

> She may leave when... Broyan has recovered and resumed leadership,

Handing control very firmly back to him, and leaving to be quite sure no-one even thinks of setting up a leadership contest between them. I think her stats need a "loyal to Broyan" score during Whitewall.

You know, I rather like this leadership-vacuum idea. Kallyr seems to have been avoiding major leadership roles since the failure of the rebellion - a slight crisis of confidence, perhaps? This pushes her into it again whether she likes it or not, even if she does see it as a care-taker position for Broyan.