RE: siege engines

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:53:02 +0100

> Read in the suggested events/timeline about the Lunars building siege
> towers. Well what about the good TREBUCHET?

Excellent idea! Good at throwing rocks and nastier objects into the fortress, and also at falling over, as I understand it.

*And* it's yet another link to Dover Castle (there's a huge one on display there).

I take it the Lunars build their trebuchet(s) on site? From local trees? Shame they don't know which woodland not to touch, isn't it..?

I'm sure anyone who knows about the technical side of Trebuchets (not me) can do us some stories/scenarios about the difficulties in building them, and how they can be sabotaged?