RE: Kallyr arrives, departs, etc.

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:26:08 GMT

In message <000501c4205f$40ea37d0$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> Of course the junior officer could be the PC - you know the
>> one, who puts all their HPs into fighting skills and neglects
>> relationships. That's why they're stuck out in the backwoods
>> of Sartar and get their important messages ignored.
>
>Though I suspect a PC of that type wouldn't wait for orders, he'd just do
>the execution/interrogation/crucifixion or whatever immediately, and then
>get lynched by the unexpectedly upset locals. Maybe we'd have to give him a
>2IC with a bit more experience, who insists on asking for orders first.

This is true, an experienced NCO with a pedantic knowledge of regulations who absolutely insists there must be a properly convened court and trial and refuses to follow the PC's orders to the contrary should do the trick. After all he's going to have to explain why the PC got lynched by the locals even if he gets everyone out safely.

>I was visualising one of these educated and civilised types who's been
>handed a junior officer position to "make a man of him", has never even seen
>anyone killed much less done it himself, and who got stuck out in a little
>spot that's already subdued where he can't do any harm. Poor sod can see all
>the horrible things that might result from the wrong decision, and hardly
>dares breath without permission.

That's another alternative.

>> About 5W7, a godlike ability to bring unwanted attention to Kallyr.
>
>I suspect we're getting something wrong with the numbers here (those stats
>were written before auto-augments, weren't they?)

I thought auto-augments were an option in HW. True it's more likely to be a combination of several augments.

>If he's *that* "good", let's just set him on the Bat. They can have a
>shouting match. He's got two masteries on it.

I would have though the Bat has an even greater ability to attract attention, it's just never a negative modifier because unless it attracts the attention of a god it's not going to make any difference.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/