Ramps and getting over walls

From: drfegg_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:46:02 EDT

How are these pesky Lunars getting over the walls? Can't fly 'cos they will lose.
Tunnels built by gnomes could easily be collapsed by Orlanthi gnomes (am I being too RQ3?)
The Romans built ramps at Masada which took about 6 months (I might be very wrong) but the walls were only 90 feet high (only!). Looking at the maps it seems that the city takes up most of the top of the Tor which means the ramp must go up 3/4 contor lines but I can't remember seeing total height for Tor and walls but I have only just started ferreting about with this. If someone does know the total height then we can work out how LONG the ramp needs to be and how many man hours to construct.
As an historical note I am seeing Whitewall as the Gloranthan equivalent of Krak des Chevaliers built by the Crusaders on a spur in the Syrian Desert guarding the road between the Muslim city of Homs and Tripoli. That only fell because the Sultan Baybars, who had it undersiege sent a message, purported from the Grand Masters of the Hopitallers in Tripoli, ordering the garrison to surrender since no help could be sent to them by carrier pigeon (how they got the pigeon I have no idea!). I have a nice pic which I could scan in if usefull