Re: siege engines

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:21:24 GMT

In message <002001c420be$ca234280$4012fea9_at_oemcomputer> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>Killing the engineers who can build the engines is a good idea too.

The engineers are the most important thing of all, until they get to Whitewall the best the Lunars will be able to manage is scaling ladders and battering rams. So I don't think complex weapons like Trebuchets are going to be available at first. Once the engineers are there there's a load of fun with Lunars trying to build and use effective weapons while the Orlanthi try and stop them. It's not decisive until Tatius gets huge ramps built at the end of the siege.

As far as magic goes I think the engineers will have special cult magics which counter air magic. Hmm, sounds like we need a write up for the Imperial Engineers and their cult.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/