Re: siege engines

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:10:23 -0700

> As far as magic goes I think the engineers will have special cult
> magics which counter air magic. Hmm, sounds like we need a write
> up for the Imperial Engineers and their cult.

That would be "Cults", I think. A god of sappers & miners would be different than a god of stone-throwing engines, would be different than a god of arrow-trhowing engines. And then there's road-buildng. And fortification building...

I'd say they probably don't have a lot of anti-Air magic - there's not a lot of Air magic in the Imperial lands, certainly not on the scale of in DP/Heortland. The unit magics will have been honed and focused on their nornal enemies - mostly other solar cities, with mud-brick walls (I envision ancient Middle-Eastern fortrsses when I think of DH, and most siege engines would be useless against Heortling oppidae/hillforts except as anti-personnel weapons).

They might have anti-Earth magics, but I doubt anti-Air.

Lemme see what I can whip up...

RR
- Richelieu