Re: Re: siege engines

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:20:13 -0700

> > You could certainly mount them there. I notice that there's no use
> of Solar
> > Magic at the siege (at least in KoS - sorry if it's been discussed
> in the
> > early days, I had to delete ~700 messages unread when I got back
> from a week
> > away from home...). No bolts fo Sunfire burning the place to a
> crisp.
> >
> You need a clear sky for that and I suspect that the skies over
> Whitewall are never that clear. There's definitely got to be a
> continual battle for the elements over the city. I imagine anyone
> who isn't a Storm worshipper finds the place absolutely miserable
> weatherwise. Like England right?:-)

Or Seattle. :-).

Me, I live in Sunny Central California, where for 6 months the temperature hovers between 85 and 105, and the skis aren't cloudy all day. Gives me the Dara Happan persepctive. The hills and Winter-time give me the Heortling perspective. :-)

I mentioned a battle for the clouds in an earlier post. There's also Battles for the Earth (gnomes (or sappers) making and collapsing tunnels, undermining and shoring up walls, etc), and Battles for the Waters (this one the Stormies seem to lose, since they end up with Acid Rain). I don't think so much "Battles for Fire" and "Battles for Darkness" so much as a distinct switch from Daytime (Fire) to Nighttime (Darkness) sorties and engagements. And of course all of these battle take place on several planes at once...

RR
- Richelieu