Re: Publishing thought

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:04:55 -0700

> > It's obvious a trifle premature to go there but what
> > the hey. I was
> > wondering what people thought about two versions of
> > Whitewall. Once
> > could be the standard 66 page book while the second
> > could be a CD-ROM
> > with all the goodies we come up with on it.
>
> Thereby saving all the page-count problems. And making
> it easier for Narrators to cut&paste bits they want
> for their campaign. Sounds good to me, but I have no
> publishing experience.

With modern Print on Demand, page count is no longer quite the bugaboo that it used to be - you no longer need to try to fit to 16-page signatures. Going Electronic (whether CD or simply a downloadable PDF file) is pretty easy - most layout software will print to PDF easily. You can even go HTML on CD, allowing links between articles (the kind of thing that I wish DP:LoT has, to follow threads through the book). And there are several of us with layout and web experience, when the time comes...

Of course, trying to figure out attributions, and who gets a cut of any money is more likely to be the hassle (I know that *I'd* be pretty pissed if someone took all our work and published it for money without giving me a cut!)

RR
- Richelieu