Re: Mail-order Char-Un brides

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:00:32 -0000

Jeff said:

> I think there is a understandable misunderstanding regarding how
> Heortling fort-settlements like Whitewall function. They aren't
> impersonal cities - they are basically overgrown villages

That's what I was wondering when I posted Steve's city discussion. (Which I did and do still like). Is Whitewall your more or less standard Heortling style "city" or a modified version of one. Should it be nothing but communal longhouses or is it a bunch of smaller buildings more akin to what we 21st century types would imagine when we think city.

It doesn't have to be a standard Heortling/Volsaxi city fort because it wasn't built by a Heortling. It could be structurally different even though it's being used as such.

What do people think? Is WW a dark ages style settlement OR a Pavis style fort?

Oliver