Re: More thoughts on 7 storms and 7 winds

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 03:00:39 -0000

> In terms of the cardinal directions, I'd put Orlanth
> above, Brastalos in the middle, Valind in the North,
> Urox in the East, Humakt in the West (where Arkat come
> from), and Kolat in the South (where the Hendreik
> wilderness used to be). I'd put the other one below
> (in the underworld, so Doburdan could be Ragnaglar's
> ghost, though the Heortlings might not know who
> Doburdan is yet).

My memory is that Humakt is (or was) the North while Vadrus was the North West. Travelling, so do not have any references with me.

I am also certain that many clans have at least one difference in the directional associations of the Winds and Storms from their neighbours. What I think will happen is that Broyan will have his godi and priests assemble what is available and weave together the myths, including those of minor particpants, to make the apparent whole.

regards,
Charles