Re: More thoughts on 7 storms and 7 winds

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:42:00 -0000

Charles:

> My memory is that Humakt is (or was) the North while Vadrus was the
> North West. Travelling, so do not have any references with me.

I always hated that version of the directions. "Northwest" as a cardinal direction always seemed silly to me.

> I am also certain that many clans have at least one difference in
> the directional associations of the Winds and Storms from their
> neighbours. What I think will happen is that Broyan will have his
> godi and priests assemble what is available and weave together the
> myths, including those of minor particpants, to make the apparent
> whole.

Indeed, but the context of my comments was the proposed BatBlat event where the Bat defeats the Seven Storms (the seven separate parts/children of Orlanth) but that only results in the arrival of the more primal Seven Winds (Orlanth and his siblings). So, I doubt Broyan has any hand in actually planning it, unless he's much more prescient than I have given him credit for. Th ebest I think he should be able to do is have heard a prophecy, done some research, then realized (as the Seventh Storm was defeated) what it all meant and what he had to do.