Re: The Lovers

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:31:23 -0000

Jane said:

> Looks great, right up to thelast ine where I gte all confused.
>
> "Roganvarth and Ortossa recently married. Ortossa's step-mother-in-
law is
> Scathach the Iron Shrew."
>
> So Scathach is Roganvarth's step-mother?
> And he's "Penterestsson", of the Leaping River clan?

Yes.

> But Scathach is currently married to Broyan, so.... No good, I'm
confused.
> Are you saying that Scathach *would* have been Roganvarth's step-
mother if
> his father Penterest hadn't died and she hadn't married Broyan? So
she was
> Penterest's second wife? We know she had two previous husbands, one
called
> Enestakus, don't we?
>
> I think we need a diagram at this point!

Enestakus was the brother of the Reaching Stone chief and Ortossa's father-in-law. He and his son are both dead. Scathach is Ortossa's step mother-in-law, though I don't know how strong that relationship would be and Enestakus' widow. Probably as strong as they would want it to be.

Roganvarth would be Scathach's step son-in-law. The tension results in that he loves both women, Rana probably more passionately than Ortossa but they're all sure Rana is dead.

The Reaching Stone Clan is the clan that John referred to way back as the one supplying WW with its beef. The chief, err let's see, we'll call him Barntadi Bryggisson married Scathach to Broyan to seal the deal. His nephew was married to Ortossa. They had three kids.

Because of the Triaty arrangement between the clans Rogavarth should be married to someone like Ortossa and obviously not to someone from his own clan like Rana.

Man, this is confusing... Does this help any?

Oliver