Re: Re: Storms, Winds, etc

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:05:59 +1000

The quote is from Thunder Rebels, 241.

'Everyone knows the Four Fighting Storms, Orlanth's thanes who fight with him. Their defence is great, but they can be defeated. Once they defended the whole world, but now it is all they can do to defend their lord, Orlanth. The Lunars know that when they defeat these thanes with their false storms, the god will be weakened..

Everyone knows the Seven Storms, for they form the air around us. Their magic is great, but they can be defeated. Once they filled the entire world, but the Lunars have forced them into tiny prisons. Six storms have fallen to the evil sorcery of the Lunar Empire, and they have trapped the seventh within Whitewall. The Lunars believe that when Whitewall falls so too does the last storm.

But the Lunars know only what they can know. The Primal Air moves inside and outside the world, beyond the perceptions of normal men. Everyone knows the Seven Storms, but when they fail then the Seven Winds will come to fill the void at last.'

Cheers

John

http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?FrontPage