RE: Clan Ring

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:58:19 -0700

Steve -

I do not believe that Whitewall has its own City Ring that is independent of the volsaxi and darvolsaxi rings. If you have a dispute between a member of Clan A and a member of Clan B, ultimately it is up to the King (or his agent) to resolve. There is no "city" as an indepedent corporate entity that can resolve the dispute.

Now I think that Smithstone probably does have its own "city ring" - but it is not the residence of the high king.

As for "urban posts" I don't think there are many. There is the King's dishthane or reeve, who is responsible for making sure that there are sufficient provisions. Not much more is needed - unless I am missing something.

Jeff