Re: Re: The Lovers

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:56:41 -0500

Donald said:

> Yes, that's because the story line follows a small number of characters
> who the reader/viewer is expected to identify with. What we're doing is
> creating a background for narrators and players to fit their characters
> into and it's those characters the game centres round. So, within reason,
> the more characters available and loose ends for the PCs to connect to
> the better.

That's a very good point. Now my only thought on this is that while this is very true we don't want to introduce/detail too many people ourselves because it makes the darn place too complicated. There should definitely be lots of hooks to hang people's campaigns from but I don't think we can have too many main NPC characters.

> This may be my inexperience of game supplement writing showing here
> so you can just tell me it doesn't work like that.

I'd have to defer on this to the more experienced people on this list. I am no expert in these matters:-)

Oliver