Re: Re: The Lovers

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:21:56 GMT

In message <003101c42b31$0b8d0680$bb78fea9_at_computer> "Oliver Bernuetz" writes:
>Jane said:

>> And if they're in a triaty, how can she marry Broyan, unless he's in it
>>too? Orlanthi "all" again?
>>
>Ah, nuts. Missed that. I'd vote that Scathach is an example of the
>Orlanthi all because she and Enestokos were both past child bearing age when
>they got married. Still a bit of a scandal but not as bad as it could have
>been.
>
>Reach, reach, reach.

The Tribal King is an exception to help bind those clans to the tribe. Scathach may have been chosen to satisfy those who didn't like breaking the triaty even for that because she was past child bearing. Perhaps Broyan was expecting someone younger to give him an heir, so nobody got what they wanted.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/