Re: Re: Steers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:47:41 -0700

> Sam confuses me:
>
> > HeroCult Marak Steer
> > . . .
> > . . . the Bullmen were so impressed by the
> > size of his warband that they followed Marak
> > and called him Steer.
>
> Um . . . a steer is a castrated male, usually raised
> for eating and sluaghtered around 4 years of age. So,
> maybe you meant "stud"?

Before anyone starts accusing the author of the Urox writeup (that would be me) of a complete and utter cock-up in writing "styrman" (Steer-man) for the devotees of Urox, I'd like to point out in my defense that I used the Anglo-Saxon word "Styrman" which means "To storm, rage, roar, cry out, shout". And the pronunciation is "Sturman" (even shading into "Storman"), not "Steerman". Steer-man was just a happy coincedence :-).

RR
- Richelieu