Re: After the BatBlat

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:37:12 GMT

>We've spent a lot of time looking at the events leading up to the
>BatBlat. In the last couple of weeks, the Whitewall list has slowed
>down a lot. That's ok - let's use this as an opportunity to look at the
>big Whitewall story and think about what happens after the BatBlat.
>From the Orlanthi POV, and from the Lunar POV.

This sounds like a good idea, so I'll sumarise thoughts I know about so far -

Orlanthi
1. Intense political wrangling about what to do next while Broyan is

     out of action.
2. Word of the BatBlat gets out and all sorts of people turn up.

     Some are clan warbands but others are less reliable, everyone
     wants to be on the winning side. Maybe some who a few weeks
     before were supporting the Lunars.
3.   Broyan recovers and sends out the blue arrow to summon the clans,
     or does someone else do this before he recovers?

Lunars
1. Tatius arrives with reinforcements to take charge - do we have a

     date yet? I would imagine it's fairly soon because the Lunar army
     is in a mess at this point.
2.   Great Sister sends a representative to keep an eye on what's
     going on. Other factions send people either openly or covertly.
3.   Tatius needs a victory of some sort to restore morale so will
     arrange a small scale action which he's certain to win. Doesn't
     have to be really significant - maybe moves forces back onto
     Fellmoor and brings an overconfident warband to battle. If
     this happens just before Broyan recovers his first problem is
     to sort out the consequences.

No doubt there are other ideas floating about.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/