Re: pigeons

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:22:04 -0700

> BTW, do any Orlanthi have hunting hawks? I have an idea there's one in
> fiction somewhere.. Widow's Tale?

Yes, but Thunderous aspect only.

Of the animals listed in Storm Tribe as suitable for Divine Companions (page 27) , we get:
Elmal: Hawk
Eurmal: Raven (while nominally a carrion eater, it *could* hunt down pigeons)
Humakt: Raven
Lhankor Mhy: Owl
O. Thunderous: Hawk

Yinkin and O. Adventurous get Alynxes.

That's pretty much your "anti-pigeon" defenses among "traditional Orlanthi animals". I doubt an ernaldan's sow or an Issaries' mule would work very well...

Oh, and there's Chalana Arroy with Dove. (You can get into a *lot* of trouble if you mistake a Dove for a Pigeon!)

I don't think that the Pigeon spy-ring is a terribly fierce opponent *once it's discovered*. But until then, the plans of the rebellion could get *really* screwed up and they'd not know why or how. Eventually, the players (or the Powers-That-Be, if the players are too thick) will come up with "there's a spy at work" and start looking for him/her/them. Eventually *someone* will notice pigeons acting a little wierd; at this point, the PTB orders the extermination of all pigeons.

RR
- Richelieu