Re: A bit more fiction

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:04:43 -0700

> I was thinking more of the slight expansion of two followers. The way they
> get on so well together. And the demo of what that -14 augment looks and
> sounds like.

Heck, we never did anything more with those characters anyway, so expanding them into something more than a stat block is all to the good.

> They certainly will after reading that! I think "all the experienced
troops
> are down at Whitewall" is a bit of an excuse? But a Century that consists
of
> about 15 troops, none aged over 21, and only two speaking New Pelorian, is
> perhaps unusually incompetent, even so?

Well, there are Real-world parallels... Yes, it's really hardly more than a jumped-up squad, but that's why it's guarding some little piss-ant town out in the boondocks where nothing happens. If you continue the story (please do! I'd be happy to consult if you'd like), we might find out *why* it's barely more than a dozen guys. Decimated at Whitewall? "Lost"? Rest & Recuperation while the new recruits march down from Mirin's Cross? These *are* the new recruits? A recruiting "Century" out to get new recruits from the local populace? Decimated by disease?

> It still looks to me as if my two main view-point Lunars are PCs. I can
> almost see them rolling dice, in places.

Put in a dice (Knucklebones, coin flipping) game :-).

RR
- Richelieu