Re: The Watchful House of Saint Gaspodi

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:42:21 -0000

> > probably the Hall of the High King.
>
> Ah that's such a boring alternative though. Makes sense I suppose
> though:-(

The Vaulted Hall might also have been a temple. But I strongly doubt that it was the Vaulted Hall of St. Caspodi prior to the fall of Whitewall. I suspect that the reliquary was installed there after the fall by Baron Sanuel or his liturgists.

>>However, I strongly doubt that rural stickpickers
>> are inclined to join foreign meldek cults.

> Probably not but a group of 50 or so is hardly adding that many
new
> members. Sure almost no Heorltings would join but there's always
> few who just have to do something really different.

Sure, but I suspect most of those are player characters! I think that the worshippers of St. Gerlant and St. Caspodi at (post-1621) Whitewall are nearly all Rokari from Seshnela and Maniria (Baron Sanuel is a Manirian Trader Prince afterall) and not Heortlings or Esvulari. I'm curious about the post-1622 history of Volsaxiland - somehow I doubt that Whitewall remains a mercenary garrison for long...

Jeff