Re: Re: The Watchful House of Saint Gaspodi

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:01:01 +0200 (CEST)

jeffrichard68

> The Vaulted Hall might also have been a temple. But I strongly
> doubt that it was the Vaulted Hall of St. Caspodi prior to the fall
> of Whitewall. I suspect that the reliquary was installed there
> after the fall by Baron Sanuel or his liturgists.

AFAIK the presence of the Army of Tomorrow stems from Rikard's reign in Heortland or even earlier. I believe that they used the Vaulted Hall as supply base and garrison, cooperating with the order.

>> Probably not but a group of 50 or so is hardly adding that many new
>> members.  Sure almost no Heorltings would join but there's always
>> a few who just have to do something really different.

> Sure, but I suspect most of those are player characters! I think
> that the worshippers of St. Gerlant and St. Caspodi at (post-1621)
> Whitewall are nearly all Rokari from Seshnela and Maniria (Baron
> Sanuel is a Manirian Trader Prince afterall) and not Heortlings or
> Esvulari. I'm curious about the post-1622 history of Volsaxiland -
> somehow I doubt that Whitewall remains a mercenary garrison for
> long...

We know for quite certain that Sanuel gets an arrangement with the King of Dragon Pass, sending his mercenary force to fight against the Lunars in the Free Army. While I haven't seen the new scenario booklet yet, I doubt that Broyan will take over Whitewall after his return. He'll rather spend the seasons in the hills, probably further south than he used to, making small to medium scale trouble for the occupation forces and their alliance of willing natives (or recent immigrants).

1624 sees Broyan and an army of volunteers fighting in Esrolia. IMO in 1622 and 23 it's the hills.