Re: And a missing HI regiment, too?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:32:57 GMT

In message <3033.217.85.31.56.1091039650.squirrel_at_...> "Joerg Baumgartner" writes:
>Alex Ferguson
>>
>> I hadn't noticed this until now on the Wiki, but Donald had a slide on
>> it at C'uum which dragged me from my reverie...
>
>> | 1. The initial encounters.
>> |
>> | <Joerg> Fazzur's initial skirmish with Broyan's host, surely? </Joerg>
>> |
>> | * New Moon General
>> | * Light or Irregular Cavalry - half a regiment - 250
>> | * Spearwall Infantry - understrength regiment - 700
>> | * Light Infantry - regiment - 1000
>> | * Irregular Infantry - several companies - 500
>> |
>> | Total: 2,450 troops
>
>> Which in initial encounter is this, then?
>
>Fazzur's advance elements should have a short brush with Broyan's forces -
>enough so that Broyan can claim some coup before holing up in Whitewall,
>or his tribal followers would likely desert. Nothing much of a battle, and
>well before Fazzur detaches Jorkandros.

I think there will be more than a single encounter as the Lunar army tries to engage Broyan's retreating forces. They end up sitting outside Tarkalor's gate until Fazzur sends a serious force under Jorkandros.

>> What period in the timeline?
>> This doesn't sound to me like the initial "besieging" force, thrown
>> around the city by Jorkandros, and including a regiment of HI
>> (specifically a Stonewall, and maybe even specifically a given
>> Stonewall -- though I do agree with the motivation for making this more
>> "generic"), according to earlier prognostication.
>
>That's not anywhere near Whitewall's fortifications. Probably northwest of
>the Fellmoor, Broyan retreating through obscure hill paths.

They'll certainly interdict the road from Tarkalor's gate simply to make it more difficult for Broyan to raid supply trains on the main road.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/