RE: Orlanthi gates

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:12:43 +0100

Guy wrote: "why not have both a movement rune and a stasis rune? ...

I'd put the stasis rune on the outside, and the movememnt rune on the inside."

I think gates with a trick to opening them are a non-starter, although I don't think that Guy had that in mind.

"Lunar army to be able to walk up to the gates of WW, put a finger on a
rune, maybe perform a minor ritual and the gates open?" - ! d'oh

To quote the rest of my earlier post:

"... enemies of Orlanth / the Storm Tribe cannot open the gates at all?
(then a reason for why this is could be written) Things like this give more scope for inclusion in people's stories."

Player heroes inside would have the tension of this never having been tested and so would player heroes on the Lunar side. Nice symmetry.

The appearance could be tied to myth and enemies can't just 'find a way to get them open'.

I wonder if Broyan and Co. left the keys under a stone after they left? :)