Re: More tea, vicar?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:20:02 GMT

In message <ceji70+rdst_at_...> "Stewart Stansfield" writes:

>RECTOR is interesting, I hadn't thought of that before; perhaps VICAR
>is more appropriate? I'd love to have Imperial Vicars IMG, but I
>suppose for some this might be too weird a word to countenance.

There is of course the position of Vicar-General in the Roman Catholic Church. Not the commander of the Papal armies, but the bishop's assistant who is responsible for the welfare of the clergy.

This is going to be a western rather than lunar title though.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/