OT Chiliarchy

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:21:06 -0000

Simon:
> Chiliarch - a commander of 1,000 infantry ? (Chiliarchia = 1000
> soldiers)

On a far more serious note, the term Chiliarch (yes, I know it's a hard 'Ch') is so brilliant, that I think I will appropriate it for my volcano-worshipping Caladran ducks.

I'd originally plumbed for Nexarchy (a Graeco-Latin term, or Leek... or Gratin... or Leek Gratin?), using the latin root Nex (death or murder; it seemed to flow better than Sphagearchy). But given their propensity for certain foods and their rather weird creation myth, I think Chiliarchs have to be used somewhere...

Stu.