RE: Re: Mile-throw javelins

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:01:03 +0100

> FWIW, even as the author of the HB, I'd agree that the 'mile' ought
> to be taken metaphorically. It was one of those cases where I had to
> suspend my own interpretations and stick to the party line, even
> while thinking MGdoesV!
> Mark

So - just curious here - who's left in the "party" that thinks a mile is a mile is a mile and uses Vingans as surveying equipment but not as artillery?

FWIW, I think I'd let the feat send that javelin *up to* a mile (impossible without magic no matter how good you are), but the chance of hitting what you aim at would be down to other skills (javelin combat, say), with distance modifiers applying. There's a nice table of them for magic on p275. One mile, -20.