RE: ADMIN: Taking Stock, Moving Forward

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:52:40 GMT

In message <000101c48a70$41bc0d70$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> One idea I'd like to float is that we perhaps begin to focus on siege
>> events, either chronologically
>
>> What would be most fun for *you*?
>
>In the background, Donald and I have been playing with some things that
>happened directly after "Caputured", mostly at or around Whitewall.
>While not all of it is fleshed out to fiction standard as yet, we're
>getting an idea of what events happened in what order. What we don't
>know is quite when our start and end dates are, and it might be a very
>good idea to coordinate this. Some bits are trivial in terms of the
>overall campaign, some aren't - having the Lunars take Tarkalor's Gate
>with a major magical attack, for instance, will impact things.

The big event I could do with placing timewise is when Tatius arrives to replace Jorkandros, my idea is that should be early 1620. The block of events Jane and I have discussed need fitting in between then and the final build up, so no later than early 1621.

Briefly the sequence of events is:
1. The Lunars make a major magical attack on Tarkalor's gate which

    destroys the gates irrepairably and captures the gatehouse and     a lot of prisoners.
2. Broyan retakes the gate.
3. Kallyr turns up, gets involved in releasing the prisoners but

    Elusu (her trickster) is captured.

4.  Elusu gets away a few days later.
5.  Kallyr is involved in some major magical working.
6.  There is some sort of betrayal involving Elusu which results in

    Kallyr leaving again.

Jane and I are having fun writing up the details but they're not going to be important to the overall flow and will probably be significantly changed by whatever any PCs do.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/