RE: Accents (was [HeroQuest-RPG] Re: literacy)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:33:31 +0100

> I'd happily believe you, but I'm sorry, any Kallyr stories I
> write will not have any Lancashire accents, because I simply
> can't write one in a convincing manner (or even in an
> unconvincing manner). I'll see if I can get some red roses
> into Kheldon legends for you, if that would help.

And after hitting Send, it occurs to me that non-Brits might not get that reference. Wars of the Roses. White rose of York, red rose of Lancaster. The red rose in question looking like this:

http://www.lancashirevillages.com/redrose/

And in fact I've got one in my garden (dedicated medieval cook who wanted to use the right species of rose petals in recipes!)