Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:02:57 -0000

And now I've started thinking about it - go back to when the Lunars first decide to take Whitewall by siege. What's the first the Orlanthi know about it? And how? And what do they do about it?

How much of an "intelligence service" do the various interested parties have? Minaryth Purple is probably one of the best-informed people on things in Sartar, but I don't know if he's that interested in things further south?

Who has agents in Tatius' command structure? Where is he, anyway?

Who even has the ability to spot armies moving around, and get word back before they arrive?

Have we figured out the routes the various besieging forces would take to get there?

This sounds like another opportunity for PCs to provide vital information. Or stop the Orlanthi getting it.

How much of a "standing army" is there in Whitewall, pre-siege? How much do they need to hold off the initial attack, how fast can they get it there?