RE: Early stages IMOG

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:55:31 +0100

> With the latest thread seems appropriate to post what has
> been happening
> IMOG. This is a fairly longwinded attempt to summarise what
> has happened.

And very much appreciated. Playtesting is good!

> They went for aimed shots to the legs. As it turned
> out 90% of the shots hit the left leg!

You're using RQ, aren't you? What is it about left legs? We used to hit them a lot, too. People started buying armour for just the left leg. In fact that *was* a common place to get hit in the RW when using sword&shield, but the RQ rules shouldn't reflect it if you go by the numbers.

> Then there was a period of time when the PCs just hung around
> mixing with
> the locals, making friends (and enemies) and attending
> meetings.

What NPCs were useful here?

> The Pavisite
> was grilled about "What the Lunars did" during the siege of
> Pavis (very short!).

Good point! Orlanthi don't have much experience of sieges, they'll be interested in reports of any they can find.

Let me check Wyrms Footprints for 1613 events - Page 90, Sartarites besiege Jonstown, and Wilmskirk. They take Wilmskirk with aid from inside.
Pahe 91, Sartarites besiege Aldarchur (very badly) page 92, Swenstown and Jonstown both get besieged by the Lunars (so the Sartarites must have taken Jonstown?), but only for a few days, then the treaty gets signed.

Not much useful experience there!

> 200 warriors harried the Lunars watching the gate and Ramsdrift.
> ... another band of about 100 head down Ramsdrift,

> Forces in the City IMG consist of 200 WW inhabitants, 100
> Humakti, 150 mixed
> Orlanthi (Sylangi, Bacofi, Curtali etc) and a handful of Uroxi.

So in the movements described above, you only had 150 troops left in the city?

> However the stoppered amphora held gorp, which the PCs found
> out the hard way.

Gorp? That's a good idea!

I wonder if the Lunar camp has a gorp-production facility? Nasty job of the week - gorp-bottling. Protective clothing will be provided :)

> Anyone who didn't know Disruption
> was taught the spell.

RQ. What's the equivalent HQ gorp-defence, anyone?

> 2. Sieges are boring. PCs really need things to do.

Agreed. What did you find for them?

> 5. The Hidden Stables became the home of the non-combatants,
> the infirmary and the displaced.

Sounds sensible.

> 6. What did Argrath send? After some discussion it was felt
> that it was an
> enchanted iron (Mastakos) Movement Rune holding enough
> Teleport Divine Magics
> to get people on/off the back of the Bat for those who want
> to take part but cannot otherwise get there!

Good move! Again, how do we translate this into HQ?