Re: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:40:05 +0200 (CEST)

Jane:
>> > And now I've started thinking about it - go back to when the

> Lunars

>> > first decide to take Whitewall by siege. What's the first the >> > Orlanthi know about it? And how? And what do they do about it?

LC:

>> They fist know about it when Broyan loses on the battlefield and
>> retreats there. It wasn't
>> a seige of Whitewall, the goal was Karse. When the army gets
>> harassed by a gang that
>> holes up in the wall, Fazzur sends a side force to keep them out
>> of his hair.

>> The irony is that this side seige ends up being the big one.
>> (that's my reading on it,
>> anyway. I don't think they figured out Whitewall could lead to
>> killing Orlanth until later, to
>> read the Wiki.)

Rob:
> No I disagree. WW has been identified, IMG at least years before
> although Fazzur may not be aware of the significance. I have Tatius
> bobbing about behind the scenes

I agree this far.

> - Jokandros Blinder being his stoolie.

I don't really buy that. I see Jorkandros as a Heartlander eager to carve out his bit of the booty promised by Fazzur, and lacking insight in Tatius' games.

> When the Bat gets blatted and his family's wealth and name
> is on the line he politiks and manages to get command himself.

I may be suffering from sleep depriviation, but IIRC a recent contribution of Greg stated something like "Tatius doesn't really know what he is doing".

> The WW Orlanthi are potent and in a particularly defensible city -
> Glorantha's Helms Deep if you will.

More of a Minas Tirith - as long as it stands, there may be hope.

> Fazzur keeps refusing him
> troops and Tatius eventually manages to get Fazzur packed off back
> to Tarsh.

Fazzur, and a good part of the cavalry trained by his new methods. Standing ready once more after the Dragonrise.

However, I think that the troops Tatius is using up (sacrificing, really) at high throughput have to be Heartlanders, for ritual reasons.