RE: Cosmic Compromise

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:55:48 GMT

In message <BAY24-F35Wtjik38dWM0003e52f_at_...> "Paul Anderson" writes:

>So why does the Empire want to bring back the Darkness, again?

I think it's to do with the idea that if they destroy the world as it is they can remake it in accordance with the Lunar way.

>I'm less interested in its inner mystic Chaotic nature here, than what this
>will do for pragmatic Lunar generals like Tatius.

It will improve his (and his family's) standing with the Emperor and the Goddess. I would however refer you back to the suggestion that he doesn't really know what he's doing. Even the Goddess may not realise the risks as she was born after the compromise and so doesn't have the direct experience of the things which made it necessary.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/