Re: Re: Cosmic Compromise

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:06:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dread Domain
>>> And who would that be? According to what source.

Jeff
>> Well, Orlanth is one of the eight or so "great deities" of >> Glorantha. Check out Arcane Secrets.

> Oh! I thought you meant "... and remains dead once the smoke clears."

> My bad.

IMO, the temporary death of Orlanth is just a bungled, premature attempt at what the Hero Wars are about. Four directional gods (Malkion, Yelm, Vith, Pamalt) and at least four gods competing for the center (Orlanth, Sedenya, Kyger Litor, Magasta, that Chaos god from the east), plus the elf and dwarf plots. Neither Orlanth nor Sedenya will make it through the Hero Wars unchanged (and that's more change than just the phases of Sedenya so far).

Whitewall is the first instance, though.

But did the Empire send in the Bat to be slain? I doubt that.

Still: If so, the people coordinating this would have to be on the moon, watching the events. Jorkandros has no idea what is going on. It is hard to say whether Tatius has - Tatius "got a cunning plan" for erecting the Mark 3 Reaching Moon temple upon which his family has gambled all their resources and influence. A temple which would have become quite superfluous had Orlanth had the decency to remain dead...