Re: Cosmic Compromise

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:25:56 -0000

> > But did the Empire send in the Bat to be slain? I doubt that.
>
> I agree. The Bat was sent in to destroy the Heortling rebels at
> Whitewall

I agree.

> (who summoned the Bat through their rituals).

I disagree generally with this statement, Not IMG but YGMV.

> Its defeat
> came as quite a surprise to everyone involved

I'll say!

> - but the manner of
> its defeat created an opportunity to perform the Let's Kill
> Orlanth ritual.

No, I think closing the last Orlanth temple in the last city of the Orlanthi was good enough. Remember, the *last city* of the Orlanthi would be I guess the last city within the radius of effect of the RM temple. Hence the Fimbul Winter effect. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Lunar's did not know that the winter induced would be so harsh. This is a new kind of super temple, a Lunar Death Star if you will.

Regards
Rob