RE: Re: Tatius

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 01:13:12 GMT

In message <7434365B6A44284B854296835B89C6E702074B_at_...> "Jeff Richard" writes:

> > Nick Brooke recently said on Heroquest-Rpg (correct me if I am
> > wrong) but acceptance of the Lunar way is all that matters, and that
> > most people are communal worshippers of the Lunar way. Is Tatius an
> > Imperial Citizen? I don't think he is a Lunar Zealot. I don't
> > think Yelmies do radical either. They are the most anal retentive
> > lawful people of Glorantha IMO.
>
>I'm pretty sure Tatius is an Imperial Citizen - and, yes, it is possible
>to be anal-retentive and radical.

Tatius has to be an Imperial Citizen, even if the qualifications have to be bent to allow for it. Otherwise you have someone who isn't an Imperial Citizen having higher status and influence at the Imperial Court than most courtiers who are. Then again if he has any significant Lunar magic he's going to be at least an initiate of one of the Lunar cults.

>And Tatius is very radical (in the
>sense that he is knowingly trying to kill Rebellus Terminus and change
>Glorantha - a pretty radical goal IMO) and very extreme.

I'm not sure this makes him a Lunar zealot, that implies an overriding religious motivation. I think he's got far more interest in political and economic success and sees killing Orlanth as a means of achieving that.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/