Re: Re: Tatius

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:40:08 -0700

> >Is it possible that you don't have to be 'the best magician in the
empire'
> >to be the Dean?
>
> It's my view that he isn't the best though quite possibly politically
> best connected. He's certainly a competent magician and is qualified
> to do all sorts of things but in practice is more of an administrator,
> co-ordinator and policy maker than anything else.

Well, it depends on your definition of "best", of course. In *my* Glorantha there are some pretty Top Magicians working at Secret Lunar Research Facilities (you know, the kind where all communication stops suddenly, and an elite force of soldiers has to go in a figure out why...).

One of these days I have to write up this Convention scenario I've been batting around in my head... "A Sci Fi Channel Original Movie: Silence from Rashorana Seven"

For our off-continent friends, the Sci Fi Channel here in the states has produced some real stinker "original movies"... usually with second-tier name actors like Dean Caine (from Lois & Clark).

RR
- Richelieu