Re: Summons of Evil _at_ WW Poll

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:16:58 -0000

> Though surely we can rule some of those out of court immediately?
Who in
> their right mind would *deliberately* summon the Bat unless they
thought
> there was a good chance of beating it? And who would imagine there
was
> any reasonable chance of beating it?

Well, I think that you can explain there may be a way to beat it. But no, my problem is that I do not think that it replicates the myth sufficiently. They are still besieged and hard put to it all the way through the seige. I think it is way too convienient, and discounts the obvious. The Lunar Empire has shown historically that when they are presented with a very dificult fortress to attack defended by fanatics they go for the bat as a generally excellent solution. It didn't work at Boldhome, and the Emperor nearly got killed.

Regards
Rob