Re: Summons of Evil _at_ WW Poll

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:12:10 -0700

> And can you see any sense in the idea that they deliberately summoned
> the Bat, not just generic Evil?

I don't think you can determine your opposition to the SoE unless you actually provide some poor half-starved, crippled, mind-blasted, drugged, tied up broo yourself (and even then the Law of Dramatic Necessity will intervene and summon something *much* worse than Billy the Broo).

I think *someone did a SoE, but the Bat was much more than what they expected ("Well, King, sir, we was hopin' for a couple scorpion men from the footprint ta show up, we really din't 'spect the Bat...")

As far as Bat-Detection range, Runegate had less than a day's warning if you read the Composite history account as taking place in one day

RR
- Richelieu