RE: Tatius

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:01:49 +0100

> The Batblat in my game is in Dark Season 1619. The Orlanthi raid
> and burn the lunar camp. I then have Jorkandros removed and Tatius
> in charge before the end of the year. I think waiting until sea
> season 1620 is too long.

Is that when we put it? (checks Wiki) We did, didn't we?

CHDP? In 1619.... The bat was repelled... Jorkandros Blinder was replaced by Tatius... In 1620..."

Yes, it looks as if Tatius came in before the end of 1619, and it's implied that this was as a direct result of the failure of the Bat. I'm not sure how long it would take for the news of the BatBlat to reach Lunar Command and for them (whoever this is?) to send Tatius out?

Re-reading that section, I'm struck by the divide right from the start between Tarsh (Fazzur) and the Empire (Tatius). No doubt to many this is old news, but yes, I'm slow on the uptake.

P147:
"Fazzur proposed to lead an invasion of Kethaela... King Moirades agreed, and ordered his priest and generals to help Fazzur. Shortly afterwards the emperor ordered regular imperial troops to Fazzur's command as well."

This isn't a Lunar campaign. It's a Tarshite one, with the Lunars tagging along and trying to take over control.

Then later on: "In 1621 Fazzur prepared his army to move into Esrolia.... But the invasion never occurred, since the emperor himself drew back many of the troops to assist in the assault of Whitewall." Presumably Fazzur still had his Tarshite troops available?

Interesting comment on Tatius: "Whitewall was more important religiously than militarily, hence Tatius the Bright had been given command."

And "Fazzur, Tatius' nominal commander...." I like that word "nominal"!