Re: Re: Baron Sanuel

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:13:38 +0200 (CEST)

donald_at_...

> In message <cl0dq8+bi5r_at_...> "Rob" writes:
>>
>>> The good Baron dates back to White Bear Red Moon, where he is
>>> a 4-5-5 Cavalry counter in the Sartar Free Army,

>>And on that basis I would suggest his cavalry are of the western
>>heavy type. You know loads of plate and barding backed up by
>>serious Wizardry.

> I'm sure he has some knights although a full WBRM cavalry counter of
> 500 seems a lot. However in 1621 he's running garrisons for several
> places near WW - knights are not good garrison troops. So he's
> going to have some footmen as well - Seshneli men-at-arms? local
> clansmen? mercenaries?

Like many DP counters, I think these grew from kernels like the Baron's mercenary company of 100 to 150 "knights".

>>I reckon he develops a real
>>beef with Tatius after all of them sun priest get their brains
>>fried. Not to mention the ones he kills in person.

> Have you a source for this? I'm working on the basis that it's only
> after the Dragon Rise that Lunar troops are withdrawn from the WW
> area.

There will be some garrison, but all the troops loaned from the Empire will return, or guard the new temple site. I find it likely that Whitewall becomes another Sanuel garrison rather than a Lunar fortress.