Re: Re: Supplies, questions raised IMOG

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:48:42 +1000

As far as supplies in the city go, I've worked on the assumption that it is well prepared. WW only works as a fortified defence/king's residence - its too isolated to be successful as a city, and Broyan has been waging a civil war for several years. So I assume good stockpiles of the basics, and various magical and non-magical runs for the luxuries and rarities i.e. for anything beyond grain mush and weak barley beer. :)

I'm reminded of the **vast** storage bins at Masada, filled to the brim with grain. Century old grain in some cases, but grain nethertheless. Edible if you're desperate. The Iscari who took over the citadel for its final siege weren't too taken with the prospect though, and took to raidng and slaughtering local villages before the Romans surrounded them.

One of my own suggestions has been that initially it was the Lunars who faced the major supply problems. The timeline records that in truth week of fire season Orlanthi Umbroli from the Wind temple destroy a raving-spanning bridge on the perilous approach up the Tor. The Lunars face a serious supply bottleneck to their siege lines, and Umbroli will be able to keep taking out approach bridges right till the closing days of the campaign.

Cheers

John