Re: Supplies, magical paths

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:54:25 GMT

In message <000101c4b62e$32aac620$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> There is also the secret magical Vinga path from Tarthcaer and WW
>> which is one way if you have that in your game.
>
>If that's heading towards GaG, I'd better get it (and its limitations)
>documented. As I understand it, there is NO WAY that could be used for
>supplies. The one time Rob's game used it, it took a major effort by a
>Disciple of Vinga Mastakos to move half a dozen or so people from
>Tarthcaer to WW. Towards the end of the siege, Kallyr's using it to
>commute between the two (holing up in Tarthcaer rather than the Ice
>Palace with the rest of them). But that's about it.
>
>Guys, what limits do I need to put on this as a minimum to prevent it
>being misused and wrecking plots? To what extent do we want it to be a
>factor?

How about describing the limitation as 'A Vingian can take with her only people she's is touching directly and items she or those people she's touching can carry. An unaccompanied woman or child can pray to Vinga to show them the way and if their need is great enough they'll find the path or a someone will come for them. Anything or anyone else gets lost in the mist.' I see a brief prayer to Vinga being taught to every child about the time they learn to toddle which helps mothers find straying children.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/