Re: History of the Hendreiki and the Volsaxi

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:21:56 -0000

> And then I started to cross-link a load of stuff and made some
minor
> corrections here and there. But there does appear to be a lot of
> confusion about Hardrard the Green.

And there will continue to be confusion about Hardrard the Green until Greg finishes the Heortland timeline. FWIW I now think that HG was a contemporary of Andrin.

> He is called High King of the Volsaxi (or of the Volsaxar but they
do
> not exist in his time). I think that he should be refered to as
King
> of the Volsaxi and later as (pretender / disputed ?) High King of
the
> Hendreiki - is this correct?

See above. I don't think that Hardrard claimed to be High King of the Hendreiki (for one thing, he lacked the regalia) - only that Andrin was not truly High King of the Hendreiki. I think the Bacofi, Sylangi or Kurtali were already more or less in the general area prior to the Resettlement. Hardrard might have been the first High King of the Volsaxar, but again, I don't know for sure.

Jeff