RE: Re: New Wiki almost there - what are the Gates of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:16:14 -0000

> 1. Tarkalor's gate which is a freestanding building at the end of
> the bridge, not actually connected to the city.

Yes, I'm thinking of that as a separate affair.

> 2. A gate in the city walls just behind Tarkalor's gate. This may
> well have been added when Tarkalor's gate was built.

More likely it was there all along, surely? Tarkalor's Gate would have been positioned to line up with it. You don't just knock extra gates into that wall!

> >Could some of the underground routes be "official" rather than
> >"secret", if you see what I mean? With a nice decorated entrance
> >somewhere a mile or so away? Magical defences probably a
> *bit* better
> >than "say 'friend' and enter", but I quite like the pool with the
> >tentacled sea monster in it.

> Some of these routes are going to be pretty well known but I
> don't think there are going to have nicely decorated entrances.

You think that an entrance built by Sens-wotsit the artist, long before the possibility of sieges, *wouldn't* be nicely decorated??

> A tentacled sea monster sounds a good idea though
> - left behind when the sea floods out of the city?

Assuming you mean when the sea originally left, yes. Sort of Nessie-like.